COVID-19 Daily Update: 7.14.2020
COVID-19 DAILY HEALTH UPDATE
Key Data Summary Updates for July 14, 2020 (unless otherwise noted)
- Total negative counts: 673,195 (+13,716)
- Total positive counts: 37,906 (+964)
- Total ever hospitalized: 3,892 (+42) (10%)
- Total deaths: 826 (+6)
- Active cases: 7,800 (21%)
- Recovered cases: 29,275 (77%)
- Percent of confirmed cases by race*: American Indian (1%), Asian or Pacific Islander (4%), Black (16%), White (59%), Multiple or other races (11%), Unknown (10%)
- Percent of confirmed cases by ethnicity*: Hispanic or Latino (27%), Not Hispanic or Latino (61%), Unknown (12%)
Emergency Department visits:
- Influenza like illness: 75 visits on 7/12, compared to previous 3-day average of 55
- COVID-19 like illness: 153 visits on 7/12, compared to previous 3-day average of 175
- Total hospital bed utilization: 78%
WISCONSIN COUNTIES ASSOCIATION: Q & A ON ROUTES TO RECOVERY
The Wisconsin Counties Association (WCA) has received multiple questions about the Routes to Recovery program and eligible expenditures.
When received, WCA has submitted questions to the Governor’s office seeking clarification. Please see below the questions WCA has submitted and the answers (if available) received from Governor’s office. In addition, we have included questions received by the League of Wisconsin Municipalities and the answers they received.
WISCONSIN COUNTIES WEB EXTRA: PANDEMIC AMPLIFIES BROADBAND ACCESS STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
The broadband infrastructure in this nation has been uniquely tested during the COVID-19 pandemic. The July edition of Wisconsin Counties examines both the strengths and weaknesses of this critical infrastructure from a variety of perspectives.
There are online materials and resources, ranging from television programs to national and local news that are included in this Web Extra to add value to the articles in the print edition.
COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR COUNTIES FROM NACO
The National Association of Counties continues to provide the latest federal COVID-19 updates, from upcoming webinars to in-depth reporting on how the pandemic is impacting our nation’s counties.